- I was invited to join the blogging team at Facing Cancer Together. The Facing Cancer Together website provides a online support group for cancer patients where women, and all those connected to them, can find support with cancer and camaraderie with others on the same journey. Shoppers Drug Mart is the title sponsor and Facing Cancer Together is a program of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CCTFA) Foundation. The CCTFA is the charitable foundation of Canada’s personal care products industry association. In an effort to give back to the community that supports their industry, in 1992 the member companies of the association pledged their commitment to women with cancer and established the CCTFA Foundation to launch the Look Good Feel Better program.
- My blog was linked to the Canadian Cancer Action Network facebook page and website. The Vision of CCAN is to have the best cancer care system in place for Canadians at both the national and provincial level. (A system that is comprehensive, accessible, sustainable, affordable to all, universal and equitable.) The vision is also to optimize quality of life and respect for the patient in all aspects of cancer care from prevention and screening, to diagnosis and treatment, through to palliation.
- I wrote a blog post for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation's Finding Hope Blog for the Run for the Cure about my experience doing the run. Check it out here: Finding Hope Blog
- I contributed a few paragraphs to the Canadian Cancer Society's Fearless Project. Check it out here: Fearless Project
- My blog was linked to the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer's Cancerview Canada website.
- My blog was linked to the Canadian Cancer Society via the Cancerconnection.ca website.
- My blog was introduced on the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation facebook page and twitter feed.